Thursday, January 11, 2007

My Top Five Songs Right Now.

Just Jack - Starz In Their Eyes
Although I'm not liking the way he's put a 'z' in the title, this is a good track about the current phenomenon of talent shows on TV.



Kasabian - Me Plus One
Another Kasabian track gets in my Top Five and I still haven't got around to picking up the Empire album, must get around to that. By the way, you may recognise this from MOTD2.



Bloc Party - The Prayer
This may be a slow burner just like both of the Killers singles from the new album, but is a top track from the new Bloc Party album.



Space Cowboy featuring Nadia Oh - My Egyptian Lover
I almost turned this off the first time I heard it a couple of months ago but there is something mesmerising about this one. It's true that it could be the sexy young lady talking nonsense about not buying her a drink and instead going back to hers for a shag. Well at least that's what I took from the lyrics.



The Good, The Bad and The Queen - Kingdom of Doom
This is Damon Albarn's new project, which also features Paul Simonson from The Clash on bass (with some ridiculous posturing), Simon Tong (guitarist for The Verve, as well as on Blur's Think Tank and Gorillaz's Demon Days and Afrobeat pioneer Tony Allen on drums.



What's your Top 5? Leave me a comment if I've left off a great track around at the moment. I think Mason vs Princess Superstar - Perfect will get in the next Top Five.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:48 pm, Blogger Damian Williams said...

In no particular order here's my top 5...

Hadouken - That Boy That Girl (www.myspace.com/hadoukenuk)

Example - You Can't Rap (www.myspace.com/leadingbyexample)

Trash Fashion - It's A Rave Dave (www.myspace.com/trashfashion)

JJ72 - Oxygen (errr.... One for you Aaron :P)

Buster Bennett - Fedde Le Grande Vs Cantankerous (www.myspace.com/antisociallondon)

You can tell I'm bored today :P

 
At 1:49 pm, Blogger Aaron said...

I can tell you're bored but I'm glad as I knew you'd put some songs down that I just don't know...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home