Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Cashley Cole.

I am very disappointed with Ashley Cole.

I'm not pissed off at Reyes - he's clearly homesick, we've seemingly got a good swap deal and he's not a massive loss to be honest.

But Ashley, Ashley, Ashley...

55 grand a week not enough for you? You couldn't do ANOTHER OK! photo shoot with Cheryl Tweedy or an awful National Lottery promotion to supplement that meagre weekly salary?! Here's Ashley's quote:

The next thing I know, on December 20, Jonathan (Barnett) is on the phone with good news: “Ash, I’ve just met David Dein for breakfast at Claridge’s; we’ve shaken on £60,000 a week.” As it turned out, the Arsenal board had other ideas about rubber-stamping Mr Dein’s recommendation. At a board meeting held two days before our 1–0 away defeat at Bolton in January, it was decided the maximum offer should be £55,000 a week. I don’t believe the board gave a damn about keeping me. It preferred to haggle over a difference of £5,000.

I believe you decided to leave a club that your "heart and soul was tied to with a fisherman's knot" over a difference of £5000 so I guess it was worth haggling over.

And where does Ashley think he will get sympathy from? The fans who pay his wages, most of whom earn less than 55 grand in a year?

By the way, Ashley did end up getting the 60 grand a year from Arsenal in the end after more negotiation. More gems from Ashley:

MY WORST FEARS WERE CONFIRMED when, as Thierry (Henry) and I sat in the centre circle after the final whistle, his name was sung from the rooftops while my contribution was recognised by a deafening silence. As his chants faded away we waited for mine. And we waited. And there was nothing. “They’re not bothered about me,” I said, resigned to the fact. It was like I was the invisible man.

Poor baby. I'm shocked and appalled that Arsenal fans weren't singing his name from the rooftops after (a) Thierry scored a hat trick to win us Champions League football on the last day of the season, (b) Ashley barely played all season but got back in time for the World Cup and (c) he had a meeting with Chelsea, our main rivals for the Premier League title!!! Shocked I tell you.

I'm not even going to get into the tapping up scandal - let's just say Ashley has ended up at Chelsea and is earning a lot of money. Hmmm.

Looking forward to Ash addressing those mobile-phone-up-the-arse rumours tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home